Email Contact hamishmacpherson.x [at] gmail.com if you would like to suggest something for a future issue - e.g. essay, interview, images, video.
STILL LIFE is not funded and the cover price only goes towards the cost of printing and so contributors cannot be paid.
CALL OUT: WHAT IS YOUR RESTRAINT?
The next issue of STILL LIFE has the theme of restraint and I’d like to feature a series of quotes (up to 300 words) about different restraint devices, to be accompanied by photographs of similar devices as a spread over 4-6 pages.
If you’re interested can you answer these questions before 31 May 2020:
I love to hear suggestions that I haven’t thought of and that expand the idea of what STILL LIFE could be.
Some things I’d be interested in including:
- adult babies (and their mummies and daddies)
- art history
- astral bodies
- Big/ little relations
- Cinema’s use of comas as a dramatic device
- dentists and their patients
- factitious disorder imposed on another (FDIA), also known as Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSbP)
- nail salons (technicians and clients)
- the crucifixion of Jesus
- Watsu (practiioners and clients).
Some themes I’m interested in:
- the state